On December 4, we kicked off the Christmas season on a high note. The Handbell and Chime Ringers of St. John’s, along with the band an choir, filled the church with the songs and carols of Christmas. They were joined by the Band and the Choir in performing seasonal songs both traditional and modern. Even the audience got into the act, when children had a chance to come up on stage and try their hands at making music with the handbells.
The Christmas Sing and Ring concert also supports outreach efforts at St. John’s. Thanks to a generous audience, we will be making healthy contributions to projects both close to home and around the world. And the spirit of giving didn’t end there – this year, everyone was invited to fill in a Christmas card with a personal greeting, to be given to someone who might appreciate a warm thought.
Thanks to all who made this day such a success:
- To all the handbell and handchime ringers,
- To the parents who encourage and support the children as they learn and practice,
- To the band musicians and to the choir singers,
- To the people who worked behind the scenes to make the show run smoothly,
- To Carolyn Martin, the guiding light of St. John’s handbell and handchime program,
- And especially to the audience who helped make this day special for everyone involved, and who so generously supported St. John’s outreach projects.