The Churchyard is an integral part of the Corporation of St. John’s Anglican Church, York Mills, which was established in 1816. The earliest headstone in the cemetery dates from the year 1831. Many of the early settlers to the area who played major roles in the development of the Village of York Mills are interred in the churchyard.
Ontario Government legislation requires that the Churchyard be administered by an independent committee, in accordance with by-laws approved by Vestry and the Ontario Cemeteries Act of 1993.
The Churchyard is preserved for the sole use of members of the Parish and their immediate families. Graves or cremation plots are not presold but are made available at the time of need. Families should contact the Verger or, in his absence, the Sexton when needing to purchase burial rights. Currently there are approximately 600 traditional casket sites and 40 plots in the Cambridge Cremation Garden available.
More information is available from the Verger, Rector, Churchwardens or the Chair of the Churchyard Committee through the Church Office 416-225-6611.
Download our Churchyard Brochure