Mark places Jesus’ transfiguration only six days after the first prediction of His passion and death.
- What were the conditions of God’s covenant with Abraham?
- What enabled Abraham to continue to believe that God would provide the son that was promised?
- Why was Jesus so upset with Peter? (Mark 8:33)
- Of what value is faith, according to Paul in his letter to the Romans?
- What enables you to continue to believe in Jesus when things are not working out as you expected?
- What parts of Psalm 22 are helpful to you in living a life of faith?
- What does it mean to “take up one’s cross”? Why is this an essential condition of discipleship?
Food for thought:
Jesus was intensely aware of the absolute holiness, beauty and truth of God’s kingdom and He never shrank from the cost of bringing that into the sordidness of the human condition. Peter, on the Mount of Transfiguration, would have preferred to keep the two realms separate.