You want to help. So do we.
SJYM is answering the call to help Syrian and other refugees find new homes in Canada. It is estimated that to settle a family of five and support them for a full year in our neighbourhood will cost at least $45,000. And before they even arrive, we need expertise in the sponsorship process and lots of volunteer time. Thankfully, we have partners!
North York Moms and Families
This active online and meetup group approached us for help with their refugee sponsorship plans. They are terrific fundraisers and we are contributing our organizational status and contacts.
Find out more on Facebook about the North York Moms and Families.
SJYM friends and neighbours
Members of SJYM have been moved by the stories of neighbours and friends who are themselves experiencing the effects of global war and unrest.
- We were asked by a neighbour to help bring her mother and sister from Syria, so we did.
- We were asked by a group of North York parents to help them sponsor a family, so we did.
- We received a distress call from a friend fleeing violence in Africa and are we helping him and his family find safety.
- Another group approached us to help them with sponsoring a family and offered to donate to one of our projects while we help them with theirs. Wow!
In short, we are busy with all the fundraising and form-filling involved in bringing several refugee families to Canada.
Be a partner with us
Whatever you can contribute will help! Here’s how:
- Drop into the office or contact us for more information
- Mail your cheque to:
St. John’s York Mills Refugee Sponsorship,
19 Don Ridge Drive, Toronto, ON M2P 1H3
- Use your credit card to donate online through Canada Helps
our refugee campaign can be found at: http://bit.ly/sjymonline.