The Bishop’s Committee on Prayer invites you to the biannual Diocesan Prayer Conference on Oct. 25 at St. John, York Mills. Emma Marsh, an experienced conference leader and spiritual director, will be the theme speaker on the topic of “Abiding in the Word of God.” New for this year, children and youth will have their own programs. The registration desk opens at 8:30 a.m., and the conference starts at 9 a.m.
Emma comes to us from Central Newfoundland, where she is active in Anglican Renewal Ministries, AWARE, the Order of St. Luke, and the Anglican Fellowship of Prayer. She loves walking, reading, and crossword puzzles. She and her husband, Eddie, delight in their children and grandchildren.
- 8:30 a.m. – Registration
- 9:00 a.m. – Introductions, music, and worship
- 9:25 a.m. – First address
- 10:10 a.m. – Coffee break
- 10:30 a.m. – Small groups
- 11:10 a.m. – Music
- 11:20 a.m. – Second address
- 12:10 p.m. – Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 p.m. – Gathering and music
- 1:10 p.m. – Small groups
- 1:50 p.m. – Third address
- 2:45 p.m. – Question period
- 2:55 p.m. – Closing worship followed by healing prayer
Information and Registration
View the brochure here.
For more information please contact Sharon Laird, Registrar, by calling (416) 255-0925, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.